Phil Beuth — longtime press club member, board member, and former chair of the scholarship committee — is asking you to step up and make a donation to the press club’s scholarship fund. And we’re asking you to donate now to take advantage of Phil’s generous matching funds challenge. Will you choose to donate and help journalism students? Here are the highlights of the Matching Funds Challenge:
• First-time donors of at least $25.00 or more — the Beuth Match will be dollar for dollar! That would result in Phil Beuth matching your first-time donation — adding $25.00 of his money to your $25.00, for example.
• Previous donors — the Beuth Match will be 50 cents for the dollar! He will match your donation, 50 cents per dollar — adding $25.00 of his money to $50.00 of your money, for example.
• Why the challenge? Phil truly believes in our press club mission to encourage training the journalists of tomorrow by supporting young journalists with scholarships, internships, and mentoring.
• $100,000! That’s the amount awarded by the press club in scholarships to Southwest Florida area college students majoring in journalism and communications since our scholarship fund was created in 2001. For this next academic year of 2020-21, we have committed to supporting 10 journalism students, including three new 2020 high school grads, with scholarships of $1,000 each — $10,000 needed for our 2020-21 students.
• You can help! Every dollar helps and every dollar counts, particularly when the Beuth Match will add more to your donation.
It’s easy to donate. Send your checks, made out to Champions for Learning with “Press Club Scholarship Fund” in the memo line, and mail to Connie Kindsvater, Scholarship Committee Chair, 1345 Remington Way #4202, Naples, FL 34110. Your checks will be deposited by Connie and you will receive a charitable tax-donation letter from Champions for Learning. Questions? Contact Connie at 239-249-4969, email@example.com.
Note: Donations received since Jan. 1, 2020 are already covered by this challenge.