Whether you’re about to be on camera for a TV interview or promotional video, you’ll want to prepare for a successful on-camera event by learning some tips from a pro.
Frank Cipolla, a board member of the Press Club of Southwest Florida, worked for 40 years as a major market TV reporter and anchor. In 2009, he founded a guest placement and media coaching company called Contacts Media.
In a guest commentary published in Florida Weekly, Frank offers a number of practical tips, including:
- Remember that a TV appearance is like a “performance.” You make an impression by how you sit or stand, and by what you wear.
- When it comes to what colors to wear, consider light blue, which conveys trust to viewers.
- Keep your hands where viewers can see them.
- Stay on message and don’t allow yourself to get sidetracked.
- Practice ways to deflect or redirect uncomfortable questions.
To learn more, you can read the entire commentary in Florida Weekly by clicking here.