Join us on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 11:30 am for our special annual meeting at the Tiburon!
Members will vote on the following slate of nominees for the Board of Governors, as presented by the Nominating Committee:
- Julie Pedretti, continuing as President for 2020
- Sandra Dee, continuing as Secretary for 2020
- Iris Shur, continuing as Treasurer for 2020
- Bob Orr, serving as Vice President–Administration for 2020
- David Silverberg, serving as Vice President–Programs for 2020
- Rachel Pierce, continuing as Membership Co-Chair for 2020 through 2021
- Jeff Margolis, continuing as Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
- Mark Young, continuing as Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
- Carol Glassman, serving as editor of SCOOP for 2020 through 2021
- Joel Banow, serving as a new Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
- Frank Cipolla, serving as a new Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
- Jill Jaffe, serving as a new Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
- George Lehner, serving as a new Governor at Large for 2020 through 2021
If approved, the above nominees will serve on the Board of Governors with the following whose terms do not expire this year:
- Rhona Saunders, Governor for Life
- Connie Kindsvater, Scholarship Chair
- Karla Wheeler, Membership Co-Chair
- Phil Beuth, Governor at Large
- Marqueeta Curtis-Haynes, Governor at Large
- Pam Fultz, Governor at Large
- Tom Marquardt, Governor at Large
- Gregg Ramshaw, Governor at Large.
Celebrate the Winners of our Third Annual Young Journalist Awards Competition!
Following the brief annual meeting portion of the luncheon event, you will be treated to a multi-media presentation as the Press Club of Southwest Florida bestows awards to two top young journalists in our Southwest Florida print and broadcast markets.
Enjoy Some Holiday Cheer!
Our holiday luncheon is always a fun time to ring in the holidays with a complimentary glass of champagne as we toast our press club friends and colleagues!
We will also be holding a Choice Raffle, where you can win fun items like breakfast with Naples Mayor Bill Barnett, behind-the-scenes visits with top editors and anchors, restaurant gift cards, and more! Tickets are just $1.00 each (buy 25 for $20). Just place your tickets in bowls in front of the items you most want to win. All monies from ticket sales will be donated to the press club’s scholarship fund to help students pursue their dream of studying journalism in college.